Does your rug look old and dirty due to a tough stain? In this case, you can hire the best rug cleaners for a stain removal treatment or follow some home remedies. Here is what you can do to brighten your flooring:
Ammonia is one of the most flexible and helpful home cleansers. However, because it is very alkaline, you must exercise caution when using it. For example, it should only be used on natural fiber carpets. Ammonia treatments are effective in removing stains caused by mayonnaise, gravy, ink, and pet mishaps.
- Take one teaspoon ammonia and one cup of water.
- Spray the solution on the rug and let it settle for a minute or two.
- Blot the area with a white cloth or paper towel.
Isn’t it simple? However, before following this rug cleaning method, do check if ammonia is suitable for your flooring or not.
2. Dishwasher Detergent Solution
- Take one cup warm water and 14 teaspoons of clear dish detergent.
- If the stain is significant, you may require more detergent. You can use this ratio to increase the amount of solution if necessary.
- Blot the solution immediately onto the stain using a white cloth. When the stain has been removed, apply warm water to the area to remove any residual detergent.
3. Nail Polish Removal
Grab the nail paint remover the next time you spill nail polish on your rug. Nail polish removers can be rough, so pick a non-acetone, dye-free kind and try it first on a small corner of your flooring.
- Before dabbing the stain, soak a white cloth in nail polish remover and squeeze off any excess.
- After the stain has been removed, use a clean white cloth or paper towel to soak up any residual nail polish remover.
- Remember that nail polish remover works best on new stains.
This rug cleaning hack is only for a nail paint stain and not others.
4. A Blast of Foam
First and foremost, your carpet most likely requires a spot cleaning. Shaving cream is a simple and inexpensive way to remove carpet stains. Spray the spot with foam shaving cream and let it rest for 30 minutes.
After that, blot it with a clean cloth. This solution is effective on a wide range of stains, including grease. Before tackling the stain, perform a test patch in an inconspicuous region of your carpet to guarantee there will be no discoloration.
These remedies can work for one rug type and won’t work for another. It depends on your fabric type, stain type, and other categories. That’s where a professional is needed to detect the issue and provide an appropriate solution.
So, follow these hacks or call the best rug cleaners to clean your authentic flooring. We must add that professional cleaning is always safer than home remedies as you have experts cleaning your rug. So, be careful before trying a new solvent on your carpeting and contact professionals, if needed.