A soft texture of silk rug underneath your foot feels like heaven on earth. Isn’t it? However, keeping these floorings clean and silky can be challenging if you don’t know some professional rug cleaners’ hacks. We have given cleaning tips for protecting your silk carpeting from stains, dirt, and germs in this post. Read on to learn more!
Spot Cleaning Treatment
First of all, you should never ignore a stain. Clean it as soon as you discover it. You can follow a given procedure or call rug cleaning Gold Coast experts for safe stain removal treatment.
- First, remove excess dust particles with soft brushes to make them more leisurely to collect.
- Thoroughly vacuum the flooring.
- After that, use club soda to remove spills and odours.
- Then, to erase stains, mix equal quantities of white vinegar and water. Wipe the spot with the vinegar and water solution using a clean cloth.
- Don’t rub the stain. Blot it with a clean towel.
Don’t let your local dry cleaner clean your silk flooring. That can be the biggest mistake. Silk fibres are delicate and soft. Your regular dry cleaning expert uses harsh chemicals to get rid of stains on clothes. These harsh chemicals can ruin the beauty of your carpeting. So, be careful and hire only rug cleaners to do this job.
Deodorisation Treatment for Silk Rugs
No matter how good your silk flooring looks if it stinks, it is not clean. Here are two ways to get rid of that smell:
- Fill a spray bottle halfway with equal parts water and vinegar; this makes it simpler to administer the solution.
- Mist the area to be treated lightly with vinegar and distilled water.
- Wipe the area carefully with a fresh, dry towel and set it aside to dry.
2. Baking Soda
- Spread baking soda on your rug, especially on the spot where your pets like to hang out.
- Keep the baking soda on the flooring for more than an hour to soak.
- Vacuum the rug with a vacuum cleaner’s brushless suction head.
Try these remedies on a corner of your rug first. Call professional rug cleaners for deep cleaning and deodorisation service if nothing works.
What Should You Avoid When Washing Silk Rug?
There are certain big no-nos when it comes to cleaning silk floorings:
- Don’t use enzymatic cleaners, which employ enzymes to dissolve protein-based stains – silk is mostly protein, so that these cleaners may break down the silk fibres. Don’t use hot water or steam; heat can cause silk to shrink. Don’t massage, wring, or scrape the carpeting.
- Never bunch or stretch the rug to avoid irreversibly altering its form. Never wet the flooring, even with water. Never use chlorine bleach on silk; it will not only induce colour loss – it will ruin the fibres.
All the best for the cleaning mission! Follow these tips by rug cleaning specialists, and your rug will last for years to come. Along with this, hire rug cleaning Gold Coast professionals for an annual deep clean up.